Exciting news for all the undergraduate students. The most awaited exchange program, UGRAD is now open for the 2024 session. If you want to study in the USA on a fully funded semester exchange program, this one’s the perfect opportunity out there.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (UGRAD) in Pakistan is accepting applications till 27th September, 2023.
UGRAD Pakistan is a cultural/academic exchange program administered by the United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) and the International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX) in the United States. This program provides undergraduate Pakistani students with the opportunity to attend American colleges and universities for non-degree academic study.
Once you are selected for this program, you will get a chance to represent Pakistan as a cultural ambassador in the USA. You will study there for one semester and spend more than four months of a lifetime experience. USEFP will cover all your expenses.
Besides these perks, you can avail the best opportunity to travel around and explore different states of the USA. You’ll learn far more than just academics: exposure, adaptability, cross-cultural understanding, tolerance, and transversal skills.
Let’s get into the details of this exchange program.
- General Details
- Eligibility Criteria of UGRAD Pakistan
- Financial Coverage of UGRAD Exchange Program
- How to Apply for UGRAD Pakistan?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the complete selection process of UGRAD Pakistan?
- Do I need TOEFL/IELTS to apply for the program?
- Which documents are required to submit in the UGRAD application?
- Is a passport required to apply for UGRAD Pakistan?
- Can medical students apply for Global UGRAD Pakistan?
- Am I eligible for Global UGRAD if I’ve previously gone on a student exchange program?
- Should I send my original documents with the application form?
- Will I have to select a university for admission on my own?
- What’s the last date to submit application for UGRAD Pakistan?
- When will UGRAD 2024 be announced?
- When will the selected candidates of UGRAD 2024 go to the United States?
Type of opportunity: Semester exchange program
Host country: United States of America
Duration of the exchange program: 4 – 5 months (one semester)
Scholarship availability: Fully Funded
No of students to be selected: UGRAD Pakistan selects 200 – 250 students each year and sends them in two batches i.e. spring and fall semester.
Deadline for applications: September 27, 2023
Eligibility Criteria of UGRAD Pakistan
Before applying for UGRAD Pakistan, make sure you check out the following eligibility criteria and see if you fulfill them.
- Candidates must be Pakistani citizens. Dual Pakistani/US nationals and permanent US residents are not eligible. Employees of the Fulbright organization, USAID, the US Department of states and their children, parents, spouses, fiancés, dependents, and siblings are also not eligible for this program.
- Age should be 25 years or younger.
- Currently enrolled in a university or college (any type of academic background) and committed to returning to home country upon completing the program.
- Must be in the 14th or 15th year of formal education. For instance, if you are enrolled in a four-year bachelor’s program, you can only apply if you are in your 2nd or 3rd year (1st year and final year students are not eligible to apply). Similarly, if you are enrolled in a two-year bachelor’s program, you can apply in your 1st year.
- Proficient in English and enthusiastic about learning the culture of the United States.
- Should have strong leadership qualities.
Financial Coverage of UGRAD Exchange Program
As we mentioned earlier, UGRAD Pakistan is a fully funded exchange program that covers all your expenses. Some of the benefits that this program offers include:
- Round-trip airfare tickets to and from the United States
- University tuition fees
- Accommodation and food
- Limited allowance for books
- Health insurance
- Monthly allowance for other expenses
👉 Also enroll in: Harvard University Free Online Courses
How to Apply for UGRAD Pakistan?
The complete application process of UGRAD is online. You can submit the application form and attach the supporting documents only through the USEFP website.
To directly access the online application for UGRAD Pakistan 2024 session, use the following link button:
Fill the application form carefully with accurate and relevant information. You can save your progress and take ample to time to complete it. However, make sure to keep the deadline in your mind.
It’d be much better to start working on your application, Statement of Purpose (SOP), and other required documents on time. Don’t delay it till the last hour.
Wishing you all the best with your application process! 😎
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the complete selection process of UGRAD Pakistan?
The selection process work in the following stages:
1st Round: USEFP staff screen all the applications. The initial shortlisting of applicants is based on their minimum qualifications and the completeness of their applications.
2nd Round: Applications that are complete and fulfill the minimum qualification criteria are then evaluated according to a set of criteria established by USEFP. A number of applicants (around 500) are shortlisted for the interviews.
3rd Round: In-person interviews of the shortlisted applicants take place in Islamabad.
Final Round: Final candidates and alternatives (around 250) are selected and notified by telephone. Those who are not selected are notified by mail.
Do I need TOEFL/IELTS to apply for the program?
No, you don’t need TOEFL/IELTS to apply for the Global UGRAD Exchange Program. You can optionally add them to the application if you have taken any of these English language proficiency tests. However, you will have to take the TOEFL after your selection is finalized. In that case, USEFP will administer the test.
Which documents are required to submit in the UGRAD application?
You need a degree transcript, intermediate/A level transcript, and supporting certificates (non-academic achievements, community work, etc.) to submit in the online application. After selection, you will also need to provide reference letters and a no objection certificate (NOC) from your current academic institution.
Is a passport required to apply for UGRAD Pakistan?
No, passport is not required to apply for UGRAD Pakistan. You will only need it after your selection in the program.
Can medical students apply for Global UGRAD Pakistan?
Yes, medical students are eligible to apply for this exchange program if they are in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year.
Am I eligible for Global UGRAD if I’ve previously gone on a student exchange program?
You are not eligible to apply for UGRAD if you have previously been on another exchange program in the past two years. Global
Should I send my original documents with the application form?
You should not send your original documents (hard copies) to USEFP for the application review process. You only need to upload scanned documents that are attested by your university during the online application.
Will I have to select a university for admission on my own?
No, after your selection in the program, IREX will find an appropriate placement for you.
What’s the last date to submit application for UGRAD Pakistan?
The last date to submit your online application is September 27, 2023.
When will UGRAD 2024 be announced?
It’s already on the move.
When will the selected candidates of UGRAD 2024 go to the United States?
They’ll go there in the fall or spring next year.