Applications for the prestigious KAIST University scholarships are now open for the academic year 2021 – 2022. It’s a fully-funded scholarship opportunity for masters and doctorate studies. If you’re an international student aspiring to pursue your master’s or Ph.D. from South Korea, availing of a scholarship at KAIST can be the best chance for you to finance your studies there.
Speaking of the academic reputation of KAIST University, it’s one of the leading research institutes of South Korea for STEM studies. It was ranked 46th in the world and 6th within Asia by QS World Ranking. According to the 2015 league table of Times Higher Education, KAIST is the 3rd best university in the world under the age of 50 years.
Enough of rankings and stuff. Right? Now let’s dive right into the complete details of these scholarships.
Host Country: South Korea
Host University: Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
Scholarships Type: Fully-funded
Scholarships Duration: 4 semesters for masters and 8 semesters for PhD
Degree Level: Masters, and Ph.D.
Number of Scholarships: Approximately 300
Deadline: August 26th to September 23rd, 2021 for online applications and September 30th, 2021 for submission of application materials
To apply for the fully-funded KAIST University Scholarships in South Korea, the applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must be an international student; not a citizen of South Korea.
- International students from all the countries are eligible to apply for the scholarships.
- Applicants with dual citizenship are not eligible to apply for the scholarships.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree for enrollement in master’s degree program or a master’s degree for enrollement in a PhD program or expected to receive their respective degrees by August 31st, 2021.
- The bachelor’s and master’s degree should be equivalent to Korean bachelor’s and master’s degree.
- Applicants with Korean ethnicity are eligiblie on if they’ve received all their education outside Korea or neither of the their parents is a citizen of Korea.
- International students who have completed high scholl in Korea are also eligible to apply for the scholarships.
👉 Also check: Skoltech University Scholarships in Russia 2021
As mentioned earlier, KAIST University Scholarships are fully funded. They’ll cover almost all of your expenses. The benefits, however, include:
- A full tuition waiver
- Monthly stipend of 350,000 KRW for master’s students
- Monthly stipend of 400,000 KRW for PhD students
- Health/Medical Insurance
- Extra stipends and supplimentary grants for research assginments
Available Programs at KAIST University
KAIST University offers a wide range of study programs for masters and Ph.D. students with scholarships. Let’s have a look at them.
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Security
- Artificial Intellegence
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Brain and Cognitive Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Nuclear and Quantum Engineering
Life Sciences and Bioengineering
- Biological Sciences
Liberal Arts and Convergence Science
- Graduate School of Culture Technology
- Graduate School of Science and Technology Policy
- Business and Technology Management
- Global IT Technology Program
- Management Engineering
You’ll need the following documents during the application process of KAIST University Scholarships.
- Copy of National Identity Card (NIC)
- Scanned copies of parents’ NIC
- 2 Letters of recommendation from academic advisors or employers
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- English proficiency report of not old than 2 years IELTS (6.5), TOEFL (IBT 83/PBT 560), (BT 220), TOEIC (720), or TEPS (599)
- Honors, awards, extra certificates, and employement proofs
Note that documents should either be in English or Korean.
👉 Also check: Free Digital Marketing Course by Google Digital Garage
How to Apply for KAIST University Scholarships?
To apply for the KAIST University Scholarships in South Korea, you’ll have to complete an online application on their website and submit the required documents later. I’ve put their website’s link for the online application and further information below:
Best of luck 🤞