Are you aspiring to pursue your master’s degree from a reputed university in France? Here’s an opportunity for you. The University of Paris-Saclay is offering IDEX scholarships for the academic year 2021 – 2022. The scholarship aims to financially assist highly qualified international students who want to join the university for a master’s program.
The University of Paris-Saclay is one of the top public research universities in France. It’s ranked 305th in QS World University Ranking 2021, 178th in THE World University Rankings and 14th in the ARWU/Shanghai Ranking. It has 2 Nobel prize winners in Physics and 10 other Field Medalists. In subjects ranking, the University of Paris-Saclay is placed 1st internationally for Mathematics and 5th for Physics (1st in Europe).
These rankings are insane! But besides these numbers, the University of Paris-Saclay is a great place for post-graduate studies with a research-intensive environment. If you want to study there, applying for the IDEX master’s scholarship program — offered by this very university — can be a wise decision to reduce your financial burden.
Let’s dive right in for further details of this scholarship.
Type of scholarship: University-funded
Host country: France
Host University: University of Paris-Saclay
No of scholarships: Not specified
Degree level: Masters degree programs
Deadline for applications: May 16, 2021
Results’ announcement: End of June 2021
- International students from any country can apply for IDEX Master’s Scholarship in France.
- The applicant’s age should not be more than 30 years during the selection year.
- Students of foreign nationality should be newly arrived or living on French soil for less than a year.
- Students who’ve lived in France in the past, within the framework of a mobility program (exchange program, Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degree, etc) during their studies are also eligible.
- Those students who receive any other type of scholarship or funding whose amount exceeds €650 are not eligible.
- Students who have interrupted their studies for more than 3 consecutive years are also not eligible.
Included Programs and Institutions
- All Master’s programs (both 1 and 2 years) in all academic fields at the University of Paris-Saclay are eligible for IDEX scholarship except for vocational training.
- Students admitted to a University of Paris-Saclay Master’s program delivered by one of the following institutions:
- ENS (Ecole Normale Supérieure) Paris-Saclay
- UVSQ (Université de Versailles-Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines)
- UEVE (Université d’Evry-Val-d’Essonne)
- IOGS (Institut d’Optique Graduate School)
- The amount of the IDEX Master’s Scholarship program is €10,000 per year. It will be paid by the University of Paris-Saclay for the duration of the academic year i.e. for a period of 10 consecutive months.
- You will also get a maximum of €1000 as a travel and visa cost reimbursement upon arrival in France.
- You will have to do an internship in one of the research laboratories of the University of Paris-Saclay, which itself is a great perk of this scholarship. However, if internship wages exceed €650 per month, the scholarship will be suspended.
How to apply for IDEX Scholarship?
To apply for the IDEX Master’s scholarship 2021, you will first need to apply for a master’s degree program at the University of Paris-Saclay or any of its partner institutions listed above. The admission panel will then select eligible students for the scholarship. They will send you an email to submit an application form only if you are selected.
This means getting an admission for a master’s program at the University of Paris-Saclay does not automatically entitle you IDEX scholarship. They will shortlist students based on eligibility criteria and then further evaluate them on distinctive factors like academic level, research, motivation and aptitude, personal projects, extra-curricular activities, and so on.
Once you are selected, you will receive a link by email to an online application form. You will have to complete the form and provide the names of 2 references. They will send a link by email to an online recommendation form to each of the two references.
After completing the application form with 2 references, you will be informed by email if you are selected for the scholarship. Upon receiving the confirmation email, you’ll have 8 days to accept or reject the scholarship. You must respond within 8 days otherwise it will be considered rejected.
Good luck with your application process!
For any queries, you may contact the University of Paris-Saclay at firstname.lastname@example.org