Applications for the HEC Overseas Scholarship are now open for the academic year 2022. It’s a fully-funded scholarship for Pakistani students to pursue their master’s and doctoral (Ph.D.) studies at the leading international universities.
Candidates who are applying for doctoral studies can opt for several fields. Master’s degree programs are only eligible if they are in the field of engineering and technology.
The aim of the Overseas Scholarship is to create competent scientists for the country in high-tech fields. HEC will fund all the expenses of awardees during the studies abroad. If you’re a Pakistani student and you’ve completed your undergraduate or master’s studies, you should apply for HEC Overseas Scholarship 2022. For the complete details of this scholarship, keep reading the post.
Scholarship Type: Fully-funded (Merit Based)
Funded by: Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan
Universities: Top-ranked international universities
Degree Level: Master’s / MPhil (Only in the fields of Engineering Technology) and PhD
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Deadline for Applications: May 30, 2021
Eligibility Criteria of HEC Overseas Scholarship
To apply for the HEC Overseas Scholarship 2022, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of Pakistan or Azad Jammu Kashmir (AJK).
- For Doctoral (Ph.D.) studies, the candidate must have a minimum qualification of MS/ME/MPhil or equivalent i.e. 18 years of education before the closing date of the application process.
- For MS/MPhil Studies in Engineering Technology, the candidate must have completed 16 years of education and should be registered with National Technology Council (NTC) Pakistan.
- CGPA must be greater than 3.0 out of 4.0 in the semester system or first division in the annual system.
- Maximum age of the candidates:
a) 40 years for full-time regular Faculty Members of Public Sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the Public Sector R&D organizations registered with Pakistan Council for Science and Technology (PCST).
b) 35 years for all others
- Must have a minimum of 70% marks in the HEC Aptitude Test (HAT).
- Should not be availing of any other scholarship.
HEC Aptitude Test (HAT)
You will need HEC Aptitude Test (HAT) for this scholarship. It’s organized only by the Education Testing Council (ETC) for eligible applicants for different scholarship schemes of HEC. Education Testing Council will arrange the HAT test in the second week of June 2021 (Tentatively). The validity of the HAT test is 2 years. So the previous 2 years’ best HAT score will be considered for shortlisting.
Benefits of HEC Overseas Scholarship
As mentioned earlier, HEC Overseas Scholarship is fully-funded. It will cover your tuition fees, maintenance allowance, health insurance, and airfare for a specific period and rate as approved by the funding sources of the scholarship.
How to Apply for the HEC Overseas Scholarship?
To apply for the HEC Overseas Scholarship, first of all, you should submit an online application via HEC e-portal. You’ll also need to submit an application processing fee (non-refundable) of 300 Rupees. Fee can be submitted through any bank.
After the initial shortlisting, you’ll have to appear in the HEC Aptitude Test (HAT) test in the 2nd week of June 2021. HEC will then select the final candidates based on different factors like Grades, Applications, HAT marks, Research Proposals, etc.
You can access the online application through the following link button.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is GAT test conducted by NTS applicable for the HEC Overseas Scholarship?
No, GAT test is not applicable for HEC Overseas Scholarship.
Which test is applicable for this scholarship?
Only HEC Aptitude Test (HAT) is applicable for this scholarship. It’s organized by the Education Testing Council (ETC)
Am I eligible for the HEC Overseas Scholarship?
Kindly read the eligibility criteria given above to see if you’re eligible or not.
Is this scholarship fully-funded?
Yes, HEC Overseas Scholarship is fully-funded.
I have a foreign master’s degree, can I apply for the HEC Overseas Scholarship?
Yes, you can still apply for this scholarship if you fulfill all other eligibility criteria. However, you’ve to provide an HEC Equivalence Certificate of the foreign degree.
Can I get admission to any university through this scholarship?
No, you can only get admission in HEC identified universities with whom HEC has signed MoUs/DoUs and the university must be in the top 500 rankings.
I’m already doing PhD in HEC identified foreign university, do I still need to go through the whole selection process?
Yes, you’ll still need to go through the whole selection process if you want to avail the scholarship.
Is Graduate Record Examination (GRE) required for this scholarship?
No, GRE is not required by HEC to award the scholarship. However, the foreign host university may require it for admission purpose.
Where can I deposit the application processing fee?
You can deposit the application processing fee through any bank in favor of DG Finance, HEC. The fee can be deposited in Account Number 1742-79001334-01, Habib Bank Limited, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, Islamabad. Pakistan. Make sure to keep the original deposit slip in your record.
Which MS Technology subjects are eligible for HEC Overseas Scholarship?
The list of all the MS Engineering and Technology based subjects eligible for the HEC Overseas Scholarship are given below:
• Civil Engineering Technology
• Mechanical Engineering Technology
• Electrical Engineering Technology
• Electronics Engineering Technology
• Biomedical Engineering Technology
• Chemical Engineering Technology
• Textile Engineering Technology
• Nano Technology/Materials Engineering Technology
• Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology
• Energy Engineering Technology
• Aviation/Avionics Engineering Technology
• Automotive/Automobile Engineering Technology
• Agro-Industrial Engineering Technology
• Information Technology
• Computer Engineering Technology
• Cyber/Cyber Security
• Artificial Intelligence
• Marine Engineering Technology
• Software Engineering Technology
• Petroleum Engineering Technology
• Telecommunication Engineering Technology
In which universities can I get admission through the HEC Overseas Scholarship?
The list of all the universities where you can get admission through the HEC Overseas Scholarship are given below:
• All Public Sector Universities of Germany
• All Public Sector Universities of France
• All Public Sector Universities of Austria
• Only QS and Times top-ranked Universities of China
• University of Brescia, Italy
• Ghent University, Belgium
• KU Leuven, Belgium
• Hasselt University, Belgium
• HKUST University Hong Kong
• University of New South Wales, Australia
• Swinburne University of Technology
• The University of Western Australia
• RMIT University, Australia
• The University of Wollongong, Australia
• The University of Melbourne Australia
• Macquarie University, Australia
• Monash University, Australia
• Western Sydney University, Australia
• Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
• The University of Waikato New Zealand
• Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea
• Hanyang University, South Korea
• KOC University, Turkey
• Sabanci University, Istanbul, Turkey
• The Cambridge Commonwealth, European and International Trust, UK
• University Edinburgh Scotland
• Royal Holloway, University of London
• Queen Mary University of London
• Politecnico di Torino, Italy