Do you have innovative ideas focused on sustainable development? Are you making research efforts to make the world a more sustainable place? The prestigious Green Talents Competition can be the best opportunity for you to work in collaboration with German experts.
The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) offers Green Talents Competition for young researchers in the field of sustainability. Upon selection, you can get a chance to contribute to sustainability research in the top German research institutes and work closely with international researchers.
For the complete details of this opportunity, keep reading this post.
- General Details
- Scholarship benefits
- How to Apply for Green Talents Competition 2021?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the selection process of Green Talents Competitions?
- Who can Apply for the Green Talents Competition 2021?
- Can we apply as a team?
- Which documents are required during the application process?
Host Country: Germany
Host Institutes: Selected candidates can choose research institutes based on their choice
Scholarship Type: Fully-funded (Financed by BMBF)
No of scholarships: 25
Duration: 4 to 12 weeks
Degree Level: Master’s and Doctorate
Deadline for Applications: May 24, 2022
The Green Talents Competetion 2021 includes two phases:
- In the first phase, you will get an invitation to a two-week Virtual Science Forum. It occurs usually in October. The Virtual Science Forum includes virtual appointments with German experts, Science Sessions, Workshops on SDGs exclusive insights into research facilities, institutions, projects, etc. This Forum will give you networking opportunities with other awardees, alumni and researchers. At the end of the forum, there will be a formal Virtual Award Ceremony with your fellow researchers and special guests.
- The second phase include a fully-funded research stay of up to 3 months at a research institution of your choice.
👉 Also check:
How to Apply for Green Talents Competition 2021?
You can only apply online for the Green Talents Competition using their official website. The link to the application form is also given below.
Note that documents that are sent by email are not accepted and the applications cannot be changed once they’ve been submitted.
For any other queries, you may email them at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the selection process of Green Talents Competitions?
The selection process starts when you submit your online application. A high-ranking jury of German experts (both from academia and industry) will assess the applications. They will select only 25 candidates based on their scientific excellence and innovative research potentials.
Due to the large number of applications, the selection process takes until mid-August each year. However, they inform all the applicants in due course.
Who can Apply for the Green Talents Competition 2021?
Applicants must meet the following requirements before applying for the Green Talents Competition 2021:
• Enrolment in a master’s or doctorate (PhD) program OR a master’s or PhD degree completed no more than three years before the end of the application process.
• No more than three years of professional work experience except the experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree.
• Excellent academic record with above-average grades.
• Strong focus on sustainable development and sustainability research.
• Neither a German citizen nor a resident of Germany (German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even in case of temporary residence are not eligible).
• Excellent command of English language.
• Applicants can come from any scientific field closely related to sustainability research but they must indicate which SDGs their research is contributing to.
Can we apply as a team?
The short answer is, NO. You cannot apply as a team.
This program looks for outstanding individuals with exceptional research potential in the field of sustainability and their passion for what they do. Green Talents aim to foster individual development.
Which documents are required during the application process?
First of all, you need to make sure you that you meet all the requirements to apply for the Green Talents Competition program. If yes, then you must submit the application form only using their online portal. The link has been given in the this post.
During the application, you will need to provide:
• Forms with personal, academic and career information. It will include details about your university degrees, list of publications, professional work experience, research work, etc. Make sure that you indicate the SDGs your research is contributing to. Also, you’ll need to upload a CV.
• Letter of recommendation: It can be written by current or past supervisors from academia or industry. Only one LOR is sufficient but you can upload up to three. Make sure they are written in English and are older than 6 months.
• Certificate showing the level of your English language proficiency. You can either add a certificate from language examinations (IELTS, TOEFL, etc.), a certificate from language classes you’ve taken or confirmation from your university that your courses are taught in English.
Kindly share this with fellow students so they can also apply. Make sure to follow our social media pages for regular updates on scholarships and other educational opportunities. Thanks and good luck!